What exactly are the benefits of receiving massage or bodywork treatments?
Massage puts the mind and body in a great state of relaxation and rest. While it eases the muscle aches and pains it can also help in coping with the everyday emotional pressures we put our bodies through. Below are just a few of the major benefits that massage and bodywork can offer:
- Alleviates low back pain and improves range of motion.
- Enhances the bodies immune system by stimulating lymph flow—the body’s natural defense system.
- Exercises and stretches weak, tight, or atrophied muscles.
- Helps athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts.
- Improves the condition of the body’s largest organ—the skin.
- Increases joint flexibility.
- Lessens depression and anxiety.
- Promotes tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue from injuries.
- Pumps oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation.
- Reduces spasms and cramping.
- Relax and soften injured, tired, and overworked muscles.
- Release endorphins—amino acids that work as the body’s natural painkiller.
- Relieves migraine pain.
- Lowers blood pressure naturally